Saturday, April 30, 2011

Spring Break Part 1

For spring break this year we packed up and went camping with 21 other families from our neighborhood.
The kids were excited for the big camping adventure but I was a little distracted with all the packing and preparations to take little ones camping. However, being with so many fun families made all the hard work getting there worth it.
There were lots of friends, campfires, smores, and games.
The first morning we all gathered for an Easter devotional. With girl's camp really being my main camping experience previous to this I felt right at home. There is something about camping that brings a renewed gratitude for the beauties of nature.
We all set out to Arches with the first stop being a hike to Delicate Arch. As you can see hiking for Lexi involves pirouettes, leaps, and arabesques.
Peyton and the boys preferred finding alternate trails and climbing anything they could.
Delicate Arch is beautiful. I had not been there since 8th grade and it was fun to share it with the kids.
Peyton just started scouts so he got a few lessons from mom about safety and what to do if you get lost.
The heights and drop offs freaked me out a bit (so notice Kempton's harness). When he wasn't in the back pack he was on a leash. I know my child is not a dog but safety first.
Lance taking a well deserved break with the boys.
We then hiked to Sand Arch.
The kids loved playing in the sand! It was a lot of fun until we got back to camp and the showers were delightfully cool.

1 comment:

Mallory said...

I loved looking at these photos. I have some just like it now. I glad Peyton, Lex, and Kemp got to experience ARches. I had to wait 23 years before I saw the beautiful place.