Monday, April 21, 2008

New York, New York

Lance and I got back last night from being in New York for the last five days. Lance needed to go to New York for a couple of days with work so it was great to tag along and spend the weekend in the city together. New York is a special place for us because it is where we got engaged New Year's Eve 99-2000. It was so fun to go back to Central Park and stand in the the exact spot where Lance got down on his knee and proposed. I have never seen Lance more nervous than he was before he proposed.

This is Belvedere Castle and with fireworks overhead Lance asked me to marry him and the rest is history.


With the inspiration of our sister-in-law, Ashley, we went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. My favorite work there is The Dance Class.

Lance just liked the sculptures. Needless to say we leave a lot to be desired when it comes to art appreciation, however we had a great time.

Our Broadway experience included Mary Poppins which we loved. It was very entertaining with great music and stage effects. I would highly recommend it!

Lance humored me by going to the bodies exhibit. He was a little hesitant because Lance has no problem with a 300 lb lineman running at him but if you even try to draw his blood he passes out in seconds. Suprisingly, Lance really liked it! The exhibit is fascinating with the way it breaks apart the different body systems and displays the cadavers. Who knows Lance maybe it isn't too late for medical school.
Our trip also included a trip to Ground Zero, Rockefeller Center, and shopping. The best part was being together ( just the two of us) which anyone who has children knows is a rare treat.

8 comments:

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Yay! Welcome blogger! What a fun trip for you two! I love NYC. I think it one of my favorite places to visit.

Ashley E. said...

I love it!! Thanks for sharing! I must echo your comment about 'friends'! They're the best!
Love you guys!
Ashley E.

Stephens Family said...

Hi Mindy! I can't believe how small the blogging world is! I love it just for the fact you find and catch up with good friends. Your kids are so cute, Peyton is a handsome little guy and Lexi looks just like a Poole! Tell Lance hi from us! Keep in touch, our email is sallieelizabeth@hotmail.com

aSHleY said...

I am so jealous--I love NYC and Mary Poppins. Hopefully it is not too long before I get to see the show. Cute pictures. The Met is one of my favorite museums and Degas never dissapoints.

Dukefamily5 said...

Love the blog! It was so fun to chat with you and catch up! We need to get together soon- it has been WAY to long! Love you guys! Love the Dukes

AnneMarie said...

What a fun weekend! New york is the perfect place to spend a few days jammed back with fun activities! Glad you were able to spend some much needed time together!

chipsgirls said...

Cute blog! We have been wanting to go to New York forever. It looks like you guys had so much fun. Your blog it really cute. We need to start book club again!!
joni

Kerrah said...

Ah Big Jim, I love the one with the statue, very classic...all that you were missing is your pants down & I think you would have had it right on. Hope to see you around buddy. Feel free to visit our blog anytime at kerrahvan.blogspot.com. And always remember not to engage in too much cattle thrusting, thus avoiding any unnecessary injuries.
-DORN