Sunday, May 4, 2008

Soccer Saturdays

Peyton gets very excited for his soccer game every Saturday. I know many athletes have rituals before a game I just didn't think it started when you were only five. Peyton has some set rituals before his games - he likes to lay out his uniform the night before and eat one waffle and three carrots for breakfast ("because they make you run fast"). Then on the way to the game he always requests "We're not gonna take it!" to get fired up.

Margo, Chelsey and Brittney are so great to come and watch the preschool bunch ball. Thanks aunts for your support!

Peyton's games are quite amusing because there are no goalies, no refs, and they don't keep score. However, Peyton keeps close track of the score and who the good players are on the other teams.


Lexi is just along for the ride and always seems to get a treat at the end of the game with the team. She is such a good sport because not only does she go to Peyton's games but she likes to go to Mom and Dad's games as well.

Here is an action shot from our coed indoor soccer league. It is pretty funny because Lance has never played soccer and after ten years and two kids later, I am not quite the soccer player I used to be. However, Lance is a great goalie because he has no fear and it is a good workout for me. My favorite part is Peyton yelling from the stands, " Mom be more aggressive".

It is great playing with friends and it always makes for a few good laughs!






5 comments:

Tiffany & Co. said...

What a great activity for you and Lance to do together. I love Peyton's carrots before the game ritual, it's a good thing it's a healthy ritual :)

aSHleY said...

I love the Peyton antics--he is hilarious. Morris wants us to join a soccer team as well, he thinks it sounds like a lot of fun.

Dukefamily5 said...

Cute pictures Mindy! I didn't know you were playing soccer- way to go! You guys are awesome!

Ashley E. said...

Love soccer saturdays!!! I'm sooooo glad you guys are on the team! Thanks to you,Mindy, for being the rockstar soccer player that you are.... since you're humble, I'll boast about you! You and Lance have some crazy skills.. and I'm glad you're playing!
Loves,
Ashley England
PS. The pic of our team ....hmmmmmm? My husband is HOT, although, anyone viewing the photo may think otherwise!:-D

Stephens Family said...

I love seeing our friend's kids getting into soccer! I am really looking forward to playing again in Logan! Hey, Margo looks so good and I LOVE her top, you have to find out where she got it so I can snag one or two! Tell her hi, we love her and I still think Brandon has the hots for her!