Thursday, September 11, 2008

Go Utes!

Well, the Utes are off to a great start! We enjoyed the game last Saturday including the fireworks in honor of the ten year anniversary of the stadium's renovation.
Utah football is a huge part of our lives every fall. Peyton has been going to games since he was just a few months old to cheer on dad as he played. When Peyton was born Urban Meyer brought a Utah football outfit to the hospital for him. So I guess you could say football is in his blood. He looks forward to every game and has been to almost every home game in the last five years.
My family has even gotten involved in the action. While Lance was playing they went to almost every game (home and away). That is pretty impressive seeing as they are all USU and BYU graduates.
The boys in my family still like to take a road trip every now and then. Lance seems to always manage to schedule business trips that coincide with Utah games. He had a great time in Michigan watching the Utes big win.
Utah football is a big part of the whole Rice crew. It has been a fun tradition to have in our family.

2 comments:

Mallory said...

cute Mind! I luv ya! football is not only a RICE thing it's a Poole thing. I love that we can enjoy this together as a family!

The Green's said...

Mindy I had no idea you had a blog!!!! I love it! I found it from Nick and Jamie's! Looks like you guys had fun at the Utah game! So I need to add you to my list of people that can view our blog....I'm kinda paranoid so it's private! Will you send me your username email address you use to log into your blog to dcannon20@yahoo.com?! Thanks!!!!
Danielle