Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fall Break

The kids filled their fall break with lots of fun activities but first there was some work. Peyton tried mowing the lawn for the first time. Don't be alarmed I was close by the whole time and Kempton tried to help as well.
We participated in Run from the Sun, a fundraiser for Christina McEvoy who is 32 and has stage IV melanoma. Christina married my friend from high school and they have two cute young boys.
My friends from high school and USU did a fabulous job organizing the event.
Peyton finished 3rd overall for the mile. Way to go buddy! My race didn't turn out quite how I had planned. I signed up for the 5K but I missed my turn off for the 5K and ended up running the 10K which had started a few minutes earlier. I wanted to quit but I ended up finishing in the top 10.
It was neat to see all the support for Christina and Eric from our high school friends, many we had not seen in years.
Then we headed to Logan with a stop to buy pumpkins along the way.
There is nothing as good as getting your pumpkin right from the patch in Cache Valley.
The kids also enjoyed going to the corn maze, swimming, and the movie with Nana Anita.

1 comment:

Tiffany & Co. said...

Wow, I had no idea Christina McEvoy had cancer. How is she doing? How nice of you all to support her, that must be so hard to deal with. Do you know her prognosis?