Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Anniversary & Mother's Day

May 11th was not only Mother's Day but our Anniversary as well. I cannot believe we have been married for eight years! I guess time does fly when you are having fun and kids, work, moving, school....etc. etc.
From the time I was a little girl I had dreamed about getting married in the Logan Temple. So the first time Lance came to Logan on our drive back to Salt Lake I asked Lance what if the girl you marry wants to get married in the Logan Temple (all of his family had been married in the SLC Temple and his grandpa was a sealer there) Lance just turned to me, smiled, and said " I think that would be great". We were married 16 months later in the Logan Temple and Lance's Grandpa Rice got special permission from the First Presidency to marry us. It truly was the best day ever!

Mother's Day was very nice! It is refreshing to have a day where your children feel obligated to be good and not make messes or fight. I am so grateful to be a mom! I love spending each day with Peyton and Lexi. It is so fun when your kids are some of your favorite people to hang out with.

This weekend we also went down to Temple Square to see the gardens. As you can see Lexi was so impressed she fell asleep.




5 comments:

Tiffany & Co. said...

I don't think I have ever seen your wedding pictures! They are beautiful and you look just the same now as you did 8 years ago. Happy Anniversary! You two are a great match, we wish we lived closer so we could hang out more often.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Happy Anniversary & Mother's Day all in one! What a gorgeous bride!

yennu said...

Happy Anniversary and if I remember correctly Happy Birthday today. You have a busy week of May. They flowers look beautiful down in UT. Cute kids, Fun pics.
JEN

Tiff G. said...

Mindy!! Tiff sent me your blog, I love it! It's so fun to see what you guys are up to! I can't believe how grown-up your kiddies are, they are so cute!!! Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday, the big 3-OH, you look fabulous!

I'm coming to Utah at the end of May for Devin's wedding and then I'll be back for all of July, we need to get together, it would be fun to let the kids play too! I'll be in touch! Come check out our blog!

aSHleY said...

You have had a week full of celebrations--Mothers Day, Anniversary and Birthday. I hope Lance and the kids spread the love around for at least a month so you get to enjoy all of the occasions seperatly.