Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial weekend

My sister is getting married in a couple of weeks and her reception is going to be in my parents backyard. So, we spent Saturday helping my parents in their yard. Lance mowed almost an acre and Peyton helped, or not. I worked with my parents planting flowers and putting together a new garden arbor.
It wasn't all work. We made time for playing baseball and shopping with the girls.

This is some of my family enjoying dinner at Cafe Sabor. Yum!

Sunday we met the Rice Family at the cemetery to remember Grandpa Rice. All the little grandchildren wrote a message to Grandpa and tied it to a balloon.

They each took a turn reading their message and then let them go up to the sky. Peyton summed it up best, " Grandpa Rice, we love you and miss you. Go Utes!"

2 comments:

Tiffany & Co. said...

I loved looking at your pics on your slide show. How fun! Which sister is getting married? I miss going to Logan for long weekends, we rarely make it there anymore. Your family looks great!

yennu said...

I'm so excited for Marin. It's fun to see the old homestead. Everything is so grown in since I saw it last - 10 years ago. I'm really trying not to be jealous that you live so close to family. Lucky you. Way to go Payton on the shots. Kindergarten rocks, just ask Bergen!!